Little Sisters Self Catering
Self Catering Accommodation situated 5 minutes
from gate Matyholweni of the Addo Elephant National Park.
Dungbeetle River Lodge
This splendidly located guest house stands on the banks of the Sundays River and enjoys sweeping river views from its magnificent deck.
Broadlands Country House
Our Guest House offers guests accommodation in four spacious en-suite rooms, exclusively centered in a unique African oasis, overlooking the lake, swimming pool and endless gardens.
This website is aimed at promoting the Addo Elephant
Park Area as one of the best tourist destinations in Africa.
Prime considerations for visiting the Addo Area
- A true African experience but which is malaria free.
- Unforgettable visits to the Addo Elephant Park.
- A choice of 'elephant' activities to supplement your visit
to the National Park, such as walking with elephants and elephant-back
rides. (Please note - these are not inside the Addo Elephant National
Park but offered by a number of Tourism operators in the surrounding area.)
- Excellent accessibility:
- National airport (Port Elizabeth) 30 minutes away.
- Tarred Roads suitable for ordinary cars.
- All the facilities of a large city nearby, if required,
such as fine shopping centers, excellent eating places and venues
to cater for all sorts of sports, both on land and sea.
- The Greater Addo Area makes a convenient base for exploring many
nearby places of interest in the Eastern Cape such as:
- The lovely and extremely historic cathedral and university
city of Grahamstown.
- The World Heritage site of the
- The lush, fertile and scenic Gamtoos Valley
around Patensie with its miles of citrus orchards.
- The Zuurberg Mountain and the historic
mountain pass used by Gen Smuts during the Anglo Boer War.
The Addo Elephant National Park is located in
the dense Eastern Cape Bush of South Africa. It offers visitors
spectacular elephant viewing in a malaria free environment.
The park is currently home to more than 550 elephant as well
- Cape Buffalo
- Black Rhino
- Various antelope species such as Eland, Kudu, Red Hartebeest
- And of course the flightless Dung Beetle which is exclusively
found at Addo. (Elsewhere in Africa, Dung Beetles have
to migrate with the herds but this is not the case at Addo).
The area surrounding the Addo Elephant National Park
offers accommodation ranging from luxury five star
lodges to backpacker facilities. Numerous recreational activities
ranging from hiking, 4x4ing, horse trails, elephant back safaris
and river cruises are offered.
The information contained on this website has been compiled from
a number of sources such as the official SANParks website, printed
documentation as well as a number of other websites of tourism product
owners in the area.
Links to these and other authoritative websites on the Addo Game
Reserve are on the links page. Please visit these websites for more
information. You can also
official Addo Tourism website.